Croissants for breakfast & other delights
We enjoyed wonderful food in Paris. Here are some of our favorite places:
- Café des Deux Moulins, 15 Rue Lepic, 75018
Amelie’s restaurant! Had lunch there on my birthday
- Bistro St Dominique, 131 Rue Saint-Dominique, 97007
Good food, friendly service, comfortable atmosphere. A small bistro I heard about from friends, walking distance from our hotel. The server was so nice to us when we stumbled in jet-lagged on Saturday afternoon, and the omelette and croque-monsieur grilled sandwich on yummy bread tasted like heaven. Also tried baked Camembert cheese with honey, served with a baguette.
- Café Constant, 139 Rue Saint-Dominique, 75007
One of three restaurants by Christian Constant on Rue Saint-Dominique, next door to our hotel. Wonderful meals and very reasonable for this neighborhood. Highly recommended by hotel staff and other guests on our tour. We had several excellent meals there: pumpkin soup, prawn tart, steak with mashed potatoes, duck.
- Les Cocottes, 135 Rue Saint-Dominique, 75007
Wonderful dinner here on Mother’s Day
- La Terrasse du 7eme, 2 Place de l’École Militaire, 75007
We had our first tour group dinner here on May 1, and it was outstanding: white wine-blackberry current aperitif, salad nicoise, salmon with green beans, table wine, very decadent chocolate lava cake dessert and cafe.
- Bistrot Saint Cirgues, 206 Rue de Grenelle, 75007
Our tour group met for dinner here on May 3. This sweet family restaurant served up risotto with mushrooms for dinner, followed by a waffle with strawberries for dessert.
- Le Bosquet, 46 Avenue Bosquet, 75007
Our final tour group dinner was held here. I tried one snail (escargot) – now I’ve done it! Delicious artichoke starter, duck for dinner, apple tart for dessert, yummy red wine throughout.
- Café Varenne, 36 Rue de Varenne, 75007
One of the best lunches we had in Paris – delicious Ratatouille, green bean salad.
- Ladurée, 75 avenue des Champs Elysées, 75008
An elegant tea room for macarons and coffee.
- Paul, 89-91 Rue Saint-Antoine, 75004
A bakery with delicious espresso & beignets.